Grandma’s Favorite Apple Crisp
There’s a lot to love about apple crisp. It’s easy, wonderful when served warm, and requires very few ingredients. This apple crisp recipe is Grandma’s Favorite Apple Crisp because it’s an age-old classic that never gets old. The combination of allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg season this delicious gooey dessert. One bite of this old-fashioned recipe and you’ll never need another recipe for apple crisp again. It has a gooey apple filling with a perfectly brown and crispy topping.
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cold butter
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- For the topping: Mix together the flour, oats, sugar and spices in a large bowl.
- Using the large holes of a grater, grate the butter into the bowl. Blend until the mixture just begins to come together, being careful not to overmix.
- Toss the apples in a large bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Spoon into the baking pan and sprinkle the topping mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is browned and crisp. Serve warm with a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream.